May 22, 2017

Easy and healthy bread recipe for a baby.


I used to avoid baking bread as it always seemed to complicated. However, since all of our family loves eating bread (although we never use white flour) I started with making banana bread recipe I learned from Mrs. Deb for whom I babysat.

When I felt comfortable with making those sweet breads I gave it a try and made a healthy protein for my boyfriend as per my friends recipe who is a super healthy eater and we all loved it and ate it in one meal. Yesterday early morning I decided to test a simple baby and toddler friendly multi-grain yogurt bread for our beach picnic. Anabela ate so much of it we had to hide the rest from her until she had some veggies and meat first.

You absolutely have to try it! It will take you 35 minutes tops! :)

INGREDIENTS

10 soup spoons full of spelt flour
6 soup spoons full of integral flour
200 ml organic non-sweeten yogurt
1 tbsp of baking soda
3 soup spoons of virgin olive oil
1 tsp of salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C/356 F.
2. Combine all ingredients and hand kneed the dough for a few minutes until soft and not sticky, add a bit more integral flour and form into a ball.
3.  Optionally, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with some oats for decoration.

Enjoy with your toddler and the rest of your family! :)

Post a Comment

Instagram