As probably most of you I am religiously devoted to pair
every new trend to my favorite pair of jeans. I noticed that as I am growing
older and my body and life habits are changing a bit (just as fashion trends
are changing) I am looking to wear different types of jeans. One thing however remains constant and that
is my height along with my long legs. J
All the long legged girls know that there are few brands
that offer fabulous selection of women’s jeans that accommodate long legs. True Religion is one of these brands.
They have extended
sizes sections for those with really long legs.
HOW I SHOP FOR
JEANS
Since I don’t shop for jeans that often I prefer quality over
quantity so I end up getting a pair of designer jeans, which I am sure will
last for at least a couple of years. My
challenge is always to find pair of jeans which have a bit of stretch, which
flatter my butt, fit nicely on the waist (I prefer mid-waist to high waist
rather then low) and are long enough for my legs so I don’t look like I
constantly have a flood at home! I own about 20 pairs of jeans and even though
I am a girly girl wearing skirts and dresses often, jeans are my go-to item, which
serve me as a base for styling my daily looks.
Here are some tips on how to choose jeans ideal for your
body shape. Choose jeans that work with your figure! You want to choose a pair
of jeans (color matters) that will balance out your ‘problem’ areas and draw
attention to your most flattering features.
Hourglass
body: choose wide-legged jean with mid-rise and flat front.
Pear
shape body: look for a pair of flare jeans in dark or medium wash with
higher rise on the back and a bit lower up front.
Boyish
figure: go for a boot-cut pair of jeans with more flare on the bottom, as
this will add a curve to your figure.
Apple
shape body: choose mid-raise jeans which will fall just a bit below belly
button to cover your mid section.
Flat butt:
look for a pair of jeans with higher back pockets; this will help make your
butt look more rounded.
Big booty: try to find a pair of jeans with lower and
closely together positioned pockets on the back; they will help to make your
butt a bit smaller.
Pettit
body: boot cut and skinny jeans will work perfectly for your figure,
especially in light wash, grey or white to attract more attention to your
curves.
Tall,
lean body: look for a straight leg jean or flare jeans to get that great
fit all the way down the leg.
Plus size
body: look for a straight or a boot cut jeans with medium rise. Try to
avoid distressed jeans as they make parts of body look bigger.
Consider your lifestyle to get more wears of the designer
jeans you are purchasing. If your budget allows you to buy one pair only, go
for dark wash or black jeans which are appropriate both for work and casual
wear. While, if you are looking for casual jeans only, go for medium to light
washed and polished silhouette. Try different styles if you are unsure which
will fit you best and be sure to try to sit down, walk around and bend over in
jeans to be sure they are not to tight on you.
SPRING JEANS LOOKS
When it comes to jeans style for Spring I love to combine
white jeans with blue denim button up and heels or camel trench coat, navy and
white striped shirt and flats. Last
season I invested in fabulous pair of red moto jeans that look really
flattering on my legs, they make them look skinnier around the knee and longer.
MY FAVORITE TRUE
RELIGION JEANS
True Religion is
that designer jeans brand for men and women that is not only celebrity favorite
brand but also brand with proven quality. Once you invest in a pair, you know
you will get your money’s worth and wear a pair of they jeans for jeans to
come.
My current favorite styles are:
Halle
Mid Rise Super Skinny Biker Jean in white as they are high enough for me to
tuck in my button ups for more dressy look and look great with my V-neck
t-shirts for casual look.
European
Beth Super Skinny Moto Jean in black with gusseted knees and rock &
roll zippers on side pockets. These look super flattering on the butt as well!
For the Spring &
Summer I love Halle
Mid Rise Super Skinny Biker jean in sunset coral color. These have similar
gusseted knees as European Beth Super Skinnies but these are a bit distressed.
Are you looking to buy new pair of jeans for Spring? What
are you biggest challenges when looking for a perfect pair?






Post a Comment