March 23, 2015

The Best of Croatian Designers Spring 2015. Shows.

All photos by   Matea Vrčković   for    www.fashion.hr 

Fashion weeks in Croatia started and although I am far from Croatia this year I am trying to follow how design signature of best Croatian designers continues to develop. First out of three fashion weeks in Croatia kicked off with Spring/Summer 15' shows of some of my favorite designers. Spring is my favorite season of the year as the weather is perfect and nature is in full bloom so it always reflects in people's clothing and designers inspiration for their seasonal collections.




Classic Spring blooms and floral prints are reflected in body hugging silhouettes and flower petals like peplums and waves of fabrics in soft form in Envy Room line and a bit harder in fabrication and more structural in Kralj & Krajina's monochrome collection. Envy Room definitely takes best collection of the season award so far for me! They had it all from red carpet dresses to individual pieces which can be beautifully combined to daily office looks & wedding dresses.

Ivica Skoko mixed gold with peachy blooms for more sensual and festive looks with maxi dresses, maxi and a-line knee length skirts in 70's cuts & shapes. My favorite pieces were definitely floaty red, romantic white polka dot dresses.



Although I have been following Elf's work last couple of years and their genius sense for local Croatian market and it's demand for branded party clothing I could never fully relate to the brand myself. So far I purchased only one black wool cape coat from them. 

This year, seems like Elfs expanded their collection and with it, their customer demographics targeting not only young party going, logo crazy girls and boys but also a bit older, working, classic and romantic dressing ladies. This year Elf's collection was inspired with Spanish soap-operas and although I never cared to watch this kind of shows I feel like this collection is absolutely on the point with what I would wear and this is not only this Spring but cross seasons! Gorgeous floral prints on silk and cotton are beautifully cut into sun dresses, tight sexy cocktail pieces and laptop cases! Bravo Elfs! You are all grown up!




Bite My Style by Zoran Aragovic brand added a drama to their collection with gorgeous punkish mohawk helmets adorned with white and metallic color pearls. Similarly to Elfs in previous collection although I admired their work I couldn't find a piece for myself in the brand's collections while this season designer gorgeously combined romantic white lace with Spring appropriate floral details with punkish casual cuts.


My favorite pieces in this collection was this deep V lace adorned and open shoulder white dress, super fun backpack and pearl covered nude high waisted pencil skirt.



Aleksandra Dojcinovic stayed true to her romantic signature while playing with 70's colors and Prada like cuts. My favorite Aleksandra's pieces from this collection are bellow.



On a more structural, less romantic, military and architecture inspired side I enjoyed Marina Design's gorgeous military inspired color combos with asymmetrical cuts and sexy zippers.



Hedra Design brand featured loose fitting pieces with architectural pattern cuts and 70's color pallet which came together beautifully into a smart and clean modern women workwear collection. 



Kralj & Krajina stayed true to their style and continued the path from their last (and first) collection playing with Celine-ish color pallet and cuts mixing leather with super soft fabrications to create monochrome and simple but impactful futuristic collection.




Which collection was your favorite so far?

XoXo

post signature

Post a Comment

Instagram