Photo source: www.jcrew.com | J.Crew bridal party
This Summer I am invited to attend four weddings which can be a challenge when it comes to putting together appropriate outfits, especially if you have many of them one after another, so you need to make sure you don't do a repeat and wear the same outfit twice.
Since I couldn't go to the wedding I was most looking forward to, the wedding of my beautiful Polish friend Ania who married her equally good looking hubby last month now, if all goes well and I will be able to attend next four weddings and now I have one outfit (which I planned to wear to Ania's wedding) ready at least. Three more to go.
Today I went to look around the stores a bit here in Barcelona (and quickly got tired of it) so I continued my perfect wedding guest outfit on the web. In this post I have compiled couple of outfits to share with you, in case you also need some help with putting a perfect wedding guest outfit for weddings you are attending and I also put together a list of common guidelines to think of when putting together an appropriate wedding guest look.
#1 DO NOT WEAR WHITE DRESS.
I think this one is quite self explanatory. While white is majority of times reserved for the bride, you can still wear seasonal trends like monochrome, stripes, metallics or florals.
#2 KEEP IT ELEGANT & SIMPLE.
You friend's wedding is not the appropriate event for you to make a fashion statement on. The bride should be the star of this event so make sure that you look elegant and clean but not standoutish so make sure that you don't go to wild with your make up, big hair and to short or to dark outfits.
Photos: www.asos.com
#3 PAY ATTENTION TO THE FABRICS AND COLORS.
Since Summer weddings can get quite hot make sure that you choose natural fabrics for your clothing and shoes otherwise you might feel sticky quite early in celebration. When it comes to color selection, most of the time female guests on Summer weddings chose romantic floaty pastel color tones for their outfits, twin sets of skirt and a blouse, cocktail or maxi dresses. If you choose to go with bright primary colors make sure that they are not to dark as dark colors attract even more heat.
Photos: Mary Katrantzoe | Dolce&Gabanna via www.luisaviaroma.com
#4 DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR THE OCCASION.
Of course during Summer our skin gets darker, we feel are more confident to wear shorter dresses but this doesn't mean that the same dress we wear for clubbing is appropriate to be worn at your friends wedding. Most of the time it is not. Keep in mind that bride's dress should be the center of attention, this is her night and you are her guest. If you have a dress with cleavages, maybe you will then make it a bit longer on legs and if you are wearing above the knee dress, then your cleavage should be covered and maybe your dress will have a bit of an open back. If you are unsure, you can always do a quick test in your dress, if you cannot properly crouch, sit and lean down in your dress easily without showing your private parts, then it probably isn't appropriate to be worn well..anywhere really, especially to the wedding! :)
Photos: both dresses: Lei Lou by Alex Dojčinović
#5 TRY IT OUT EARLIER & HAVE YOUR CLOTHES FITTED.
Make sure you don't shop for your outfit day before the wedding. Decide and purchase what you want to wear well in advance so you still have time (if needed) to take your clothes to the taylor to get it fitted to your measurements. This is important because you should have fun and be comfortable at the wedding and not having to worry about pulling your dress down or up.
2 EXTRA TIPS!
Don't wear new shoes! Make sure that the shoes you will wear at the wedding are broken down. If you like dancing at the weddings like me and my boyfriend (we get really wild on the dance floor :) ) then you surelly don't want to end up barefoot with blisters before midnight.
Choose natural and light make up & apply it moderately! It gets hot at weddings and you don't want your thick layer of make up to melt and drip all over your boyfriends white shirt or your dress.
Now, where to buy amazing wedding guest dresses?
My recommendation would be: J.Crew, Asos, Luisa Via Roma and Lei Lou by Alex Dojčinović.
I hope you found above tips useful, have fun at the weddings you are attending lovelies!







Post a Comment