November 1, 2014

Easy Spinach Cupcake Quiche.


After I perfected classic ham, cheese and spinach recipe it was time for me to try cupcake quiche which is not at all hard to make and it doesn't require a lot of ingredients. Read through my recipe and see some alternative ways you can make this delicious breakfast-brunch-dinner kind of meal.

My favorite quiche is the one with ham, cheese, spinach and mushrooms since my boyfriend doesn't like tomatoes but when he is away I add tomato and peepers (yellow, red or green).

I make quiche cupcakes when I have guests for breakfast or as a bite size dinner for just a two of us, I am actually just typing this post while my second batch is baking, I can already smell it.
Tonight I plan to serve it with fresh lettuce, tomato and cucumbers salad.




Preparation time: 45 minutes.

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 large onion
5 strips of ham, bacon or turkey
1/2 cup of white mushrooms
2 cups of spinach (frozen or fresh)
1/3 cup of grated cheese (I use Emmental or Swiss)
Thin crust (I usually purchase refrigerated one)
1/4 cup of skim milk or cooking cream
Salt, pepper, oregano

*1 cup = 236 ml

You can also add:
1 large red bell pepper cut on small pieces
Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
Cherry tomatoes cut in half
Asparagus
Broccoli

Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven on 180C | 356 F.
2. Chop the onion in small pieces and heat the olive oil on skillet. Brown the onion on olive until golden and add spinach, cook for about 8-10 minutes. Add salt & pepper, I also add Croatian mix. spice - Vegeta.
3. Combine egg mix, grated cheese, ham/turkey or bacon cut to small square pieces, nutmeg, mushrooms, milk/cream + optional toppings in the large bowl and mix well.
4. Add spinach in the bowl to the rest of the ingredients.
5. Oil with a drop of olive oil or non-stick spray cupcake pan or silicone cupcake baking cups. Cut the dough into small triangles and spread evenly with fingers inside of the cup shape (make sure there is no big wholes).
6. Add the mixture with a spoon evenly to each cup and bake on 180C | 356 F for about 30-35 minutes or until you see the crust edges getting a nice gold color.

Extra Tip:
If you don't have time to make a crust dough or don't have a finished dough at home you can use square size ham slices as the 'bottom' of the quiche cup cake and just add the filling on top, in this case add 2 very thin ham slices per cup.

p.s. They are even more delicious next day! :)






Post a Comment

Instagram