So I came to the office
today at 8 am after all day of work and shows yesterday and after minor
heart-attack due to my computer not wanting to turn on I could finally push
this post live!
Alright, let’s get down to
business.
For the most of the evening
I was flapping around with my social butterfly wings chatting with business
partners, agencies and organizers, as well as the backstage team and my fellow
blogger Maybe who is doing backstage beauty report.
This year I love the positive
energy, hard work, team spirit and professionalism I am seeing while observing
this young team. Obviously, there is always room for improvement but I think
that fundamentals set are quite strong already. So cheers to you DFWZ team!
While I was chatting away in
front of the runway hall some cool looking foreign guy with bright green sneakers
kept interrupting me with various questions, naturally I was polite but a bit surprised
as well as I had no clue what he wants or who is he, sorry Nino Bollag but you
made a dramatic style change with that beard you grew.
My favorite three shows were
definitely The Rodnik Band, Milena Rogulj and sisters Å poljar.
The Rodnik band.
Since I already wrote a postannouncing their collection, here I would like to emphasize the business sense
as another of Phillips talents. Phillip has carefully selected to tone down a
bit for Zagreb, showing price wise acceptable and very wearable pieces all wrapped
up in another charming musical and dancing performance. FYI – the Rodnik Band
has left Zagreb three seasons ago with empty suitcases, selling out the whole
collection within an hour after the show ended.
Milena Rogulj.
I must admit I have had a
preconception about this designer as a bit too abstract, sculptural and targeting
the older audience; however with this Fall/Winter collection she wowed me as
she presented the proper combination of wearable, innovative and “winter theme magazine
editorial worthy” collection while still staying true to her brands image and
vision. Individual pieces, like the brown vest and patchworked cozy and warm looking
puffy jackets are sure to make an appearance with its volume, color and innovative
design. They can be styled and worn as athletic apparel, casual but also
dressy. Milena, you have definitely widened your customer base with this
collection!
Å poljar sisters.
All photos: (c) 2010 Borna ÄŒavrag Photography
These two charming ladies
are now traditionally cooperating with auto-industry and have won numerous
international awards as a result of it. I really admire their creative idea, strength
to stitch this kind of material (car safety belts) ;) and eco way of thinking
as they are recycling old auto gear transforming it into lovely and wearable
clothing pieces.
I am so looking forward to
Basso & Brooke tonight, as well as the marvelous Bad Spirit and talented
Nino Bollag! For those of you who cannot be with us live, be sure to watch DFWZ
live stream here (link appears at 8pm) if you have missed yesterday shows video is available here .




Post a Comment