I must say that 90's are not my favorite decade in fashion but there are some trends I like and can always find a way to incorporate in my personal styling. These pieces are most definitely those which can be considered as classic pieces which with a modern twist can be made into fabulous Spring/Summer outfits both for day and night looks.
1. CHOKER NECKLACE.
During Summer I love wearing open back dresses and bodysuits while chocker necklace along with off shoulder top, curled hair, shorts and flats makes a romantic evening outfit.
Shop trend:
2. ROUND FRAME SUNGLASSES.
So called Lennon sunglasses are not really the best for my face shape but I found less expensive dark round frame sunglasses with thin gold lines which I wear with a couple of strands of hair hanging loose around my face.
Shop trend:
3. DENIM JACKET.
If well constructed, cropped denim jacket can be very flattering on both tall and short ladies. I like distressed light wash jacket and have recently found a brand which customizes both leather and denim jackets which ads some personality to the piece. If this option is to expensive you can always purchase a set of badges in one of the fast fashion stores and customize the jacket as you wish.
Shop trend:
4. SLIP DRESSES.
Last season I got beautiful maxi marsala color slip maxi dress which I wore over white t-shirt and espadrilles and a thin wool hat. For this Summer I am thinking about purchasing midi slip dress with some lace trimming to remind more of a lingerie.
Photo: Lachlan Bailey
Shop trend:
5. BANDANA.
Few months back I purchased super cute red bandana from Nasty Gal which I wear with black wrap dress around my neck for evening look or with white T-shirt, high rise jeans, round glasses and red lipstick for more casual daily look.
Shop trend:
6. BODYSUIT
I really love bodysuits if they are made well around the butt area :) My favorite one was always Soel by Sonja Lamut open back bodysuit with bow tied on the bottom of the back. I got it in red and grey.
For this Summer I am looking at Nasty Gal, Free Peopleand Missguidedbodysuits. You can wear them with jeans, shorts and skirts looking like a tucked in top without hems coming out from the pants.
Post a Comment