March 26, 2016

What to pack in hospital bag for mum? {video}


I recorded video for this post first before I went to hospital to deliver my daughter Anabela but since I went to hospital to deliver her three weeks before my due date now after I went through it all I went ahead and recorded a new one since I realized that some things I didn't need and some I missed to pack.
 

Since I have a lot of girlfriends who are pregnant now I think they will appreciate reading and watching this just to check if they have all they need.
You may want to read my birth story  to see how it all went for me. I was fortunate to deliver Anabela in a very well equipped private hospital in Barcelona but I still needed to bring the things I listed bellow to make my stay more comfortable. 
Usually if women delivers naturally she stays in hospital for 3-4 days max, if there are some complications with mum or with a a baby you may stay longer but you want to be packed and ready for at least 3-5 days so you don't have to send your anyways confused and excited partner to look for pads in the store! :)
On top of your own bag you need to bring a bag with stuff for your baby. Watch my video post  where I am sharing what I packed for Anabela. I ended up not needing so much clothes as she was premature so she needed to stay in incubator for 3 days but all the other things I packed were really useful.


CLOTHING

- 3x pajamas with breastfeeding clips on tops and loose fitting bottoms
- 5 sets of underwear
- 3x nursing bra's and/or tops
- Slippers & flip flops
- 1x cotton robe with pockets (to carry your phone and breast pads)
- 1x outfit to go home in
- Your favorite pillow and/or a blanket
Shop here:



COSMETICS

- Cosmetic bags with all of the essentials (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, face cream, body lotion,  hairbrush, hair ties, tooth paste and tooth brush)
- Heavy duty sanitary pads, regular night pads and small daily pads (2 packs each)
- Maternity disposable panties (these were a lifesaver for me!)
- Nail-polish remover
- Make up bag

BREASTFEEDING ACCESSORY

-Silicon nipple (comes in small, medium, large)
- Electric breast pump
- Nipple cream
- Breast pads
Shop here:


SNACKS & VITAMINS

- Gums or mints
- 3 boxes of granola bars or protein bars
- Favorite juice or coconut water
- Prenatal vitamins, calcium & iron supplement (or whatever else you were taking during pregnancy)

DOCUMENTS

- Your whole pregnancy documentation including trimester reports and ultrasounds 
- ID and/or passport
- Your birth plan (email me  if you would like me to send you mine to review)

FUN/WORK

- Your favorite book/magazine
- Laptop (if you decide to work day after delivery like I did :))
- Chargers for your phone and/or laptop
- Camera if you decide to take photos with your baby & family at the hospital


Have you also had baby recently or are expecting to have it soon? 
What did you pack in your hospital bag?

XoXo

Post a Comment

Instagram